These wedges are the perfect thing to serve at your next party or BBQ, just dive in with a fork and you’re good to go. Stacked with chicken, bacon, cheese, basil and tomato – all Italian food lovers will be in heaven!
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- 4 large potatoes (We love Wilcox Vivaldi Gold)
- 1tsp Italian herb mix (We love Mrs Rogers)
- Olivado Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 chicken breast, cooked (We love Waitoa)
- 3 bacon rashers, cooked (We love Hellers)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese + 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (We love NZ Hothouse Tomatoes)
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges then scatter over a baking tray. Sprinkle over the herb mix, drizzle with oil and season, then toss to coat the wedges. Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the wedges are almost cooked through and crispy.
- Remove the wedges from the oven. Chop the chicken breast into small cubes and roughly chop the bacon, then scatter over the wedges and return to the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- While the cheese is melting, prep the tomatoes; cut the tomatoes in half, and place in a bowl. Toss with the fresh basil and balsamic, then stir to combine.
- To serve, spoon the tomato mix over the wedges and eat immediately.