FreshFast: Christmas Tree Biscuits
This festive recipe is fun, easy and ends in the cutest Christmas tree shaped biscuits ever. The perfect recipe for the big day or as a perfect handmade, homemade gift for someone special.
Makes: 20 Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes
250g butter, softened (we use Anchor)
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (we love Ceres Organics)
2 1/2 cups plain flour
100g white chocolate bits, melted (we use Nestle)
1 packet of Jaffas
Green coloured icing
1 tablespoon icing sugar, to dust
- Cream the butter and sugar together with a spoon in a bowl or use an electric mixer.
Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour and mix until a smooth dough forms. Divide the dough in half. Wrap the dough portions separately in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Roll each piece of dough between two pieces of baking paper until 5mm thick. Use a Christmas tree cookie cutter or get creative with your knife to shape your trees.
- Place biscuits on baking trays and cook for 10-15 minutes until golden. Do this in two batches. Cool biscuits on wire racks.
- For each tree, carefully stick your Jaffas or red ‘baubles’ on the tree branches. Stick on as many as you (or the kids) like. Dribble white chocolate over the biscuit to look like tinsel.
- If you desire, place icing sugar in a tea strainer and use a teaspoon to dust ‘snow’ onto trees.
Alternatively, make icing, add green food colouring and drizzle over your tree biscuits to look like green tinsel.
Both decorative options are shown. Get creative and add silver sugar balls, coconut and more. Enjoy and season’s greetings!
Win a Supreme Car Groom thanks to Top Notch Grooming
RadioLIVE and Top Notch Grooming are giving one lucky winner the chance to win a full car supreme groom every fortnight.