VIDEO: The latest on Social Media with @Sainso and @Azizle
It's Thursday, which means Aziz Al-Saafin schools Mark Sainsbury on the latest trends and happenings on social media! 29th June, 2017.
NOTES: SOCIAL WITH AZIZLE - Thursday 29th June, 2017
#MICHAELBOND #PADDINGTON - "Paddington is eternally optimistic and always comes back for more"
The creator of Paddington Bear, Michael Bond, has sadly died aged 91.
· Described as a "giant" of children's literature, Bond published more than 200 books for kids over a career spanning almost 60 years.
· A Bear Called Paddington, the first Paddington story, was published in 1958, and since then more than 35 million books about a bear from Peru who loved marmalade have been sold.
#TRUMPSWATCHBAND - Social media erupts over President Trump's wrist watch
· Some Twitter users this week have noticed the president may wear his watch tighter than others.
Trump Interrupts Call to Compliment Female Reporter’s ‘Nice Smile’
· Trump was at his desk in the Oval Office and on the phone with the new prime minister of Ireland when a journalist for an Irish news organization caught his eye.
HOW’S THIS FOR A MILESTONE? FACEBOOK HITS 2 BILLION MONTHLY USERS!
Solidifying the company's position as the largest, most influential social network in the world.
- There are 7.5 billion people on this planet and more than 25 per cent of them are on Facebook.
#SERENAWILLIAMS – IS SHE THE BEST TENNIS PLAYER IN THE WORLD?
Serena Williams is topless and --pregnant on the cover of "Vanity Fair" and she looks amazing.
· VANITY FAIR: Serena Williams is in the heart of every conversation for the best athlete of the modern era.
ALSO: Serena Williams hits back after John McEnroe ranks her 700th on men's tour
· Williams has asked John McEnroe for "respect" after the seven-time grand slam champion said his fellow American would be ranked "like 700 in the world" if she had to play on the men's circuit.
#HARRYPOTTER20 - This is the magical way Facebook is celebrating 20 years of Harry Potter
· In celebration of the 20th anniversary of the first book in the UK & Commonwealth territories, Facebook has announced a product partnership with Pottermore, Bloomsbury Publishing & The Blair Partnership to help fans celebrate this milestone.
· Metiria Turei I loved hosting Jane Goodall. Lots of MP's came, we gave her Ngāhina Hohaia's beautiful poi & she spoke her truths #ThinkGoodall @NZGreens
· Jane Goodall speaking about empowering women and girls as best way to reduce population and save all species
Two days to go - are you in to win?
Join Mark Sainsbury every day from 9AM on the Mo on the Road tour and be in to win a 1967 MG!