VIDEO: The latest on Social Media with @Sainso and @Azizle
It's Thursday, which means Aziz Al-Saafin schools Mark Sainsbury on the latest trends and happenings on social media! 29th June, 2017.
NOTES: SOCIAL WITH AZIZLE - Thursday 29th June, 2017
#MICHAELBOND #PADDINGTON - "Paddington is eternally optimistic and always comes back for more"
The creator of Paddington Bear, Michael Bond, has sadly died aged 91.
· Described as a "giant" of children's literature, Bond published more than 200 books for kids over a career spanning almost 60 years.
· A Bear Called Paddington, the first Paddington story, was published in 1958, and since then more than 35 million books about a bear from Peru who loved marmalade have been sold.
#TRUMPSWATCHBAND - Social media erupts over President Trump's wrist watch
· Some Twitter users this week have noticed the president may wear his watch tighter than others.
Trump Interrupts Call to Compliment Female Reporter’s ‘Nice Smile’
· Trump was at his desk in the Oval Office and on the phone with the new prime minister of Ireland when a journalist for an Irish news organization caught his eye.
HOW’S THIS FOR A MILESTONE? FACEBOOK HITS 2 BILLION MONTHLY USERS!
Solidifying the company's position as the largest, most influential social network in the world.
- There are 7.5 billion people on this planet and more than 25 per cent of them are on Facebook.
#SERENAWILLIAMS – IS SHE THE BEST TENNIS PLAYER IN THE WORLD?
Serena Williams is topless and --pregnant on the cover of "Vanity Fair" and she looks amazing.
· VANITY FAIR: Serena Williams is in the heart of every conversation for the best athlete of the modern era.
ALSO: Serena Williams hits back after John McEnroe ranks her 700th on men's tour
· Williams has asked John McEnroe for "respect" after the seven-time grand slam champion said his fellow American would be ranked "like 700 in the world" if she had to play on the men's circuit.
#HARRYPOTTER20 - This is the magical way Facebook is celebrating 20 years of Harry Potter
· In celebration of the 20th anniversary of the first book in the UK & Commonwealth territories, Facebook has announced a product partnership with Pottermore, Bloomsbury Publishing & The Blair Partnership to help fans celebrate this milestone.
· Metiria Turei I loved hosting Jane Goodall. Lots of MP's came, we gave her Ngāhina Hohaia's beautiful poi & she spoke her truths #ThinkGoodall @NZGreens
· Jane Goodall speaking about empowering women and girls as best way to reduce population and save all species
The Royal Rendezvous winner has been announced!
Congratulations to Warwick Stevens for the big win. We hope you have a wonderful trip!