Roast Lamb recipe with a twist. Massage the lamb with garlic salt and white wine before putting it in the oven. Serve with a fresh, home-made mint pesto and leafy greens.
Serves 4-6 Prep Time 30 Minutes Cook Time up to 2 hours
- 1 Quality Mark bone-in leg of NZ lamb
- 2 Tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- ¼ cup white wine (we love Ara)
- 2 Tbsp oil (we use Olivado Extra Virgin Avocado Oil)
- 1 bulb garlic, roasted
- ¾ cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh mint (we love Superb Herb)
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley (we love Superb Herb)
- ¼ cup lightly packed Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper or foil. Take note of the weight of the lamb. Make 10 -12 small but deep cuts all over the leg of lamb. Mix together the garlic salt, pepper, wine and oil and massage over the lamb. Cover and set aside for 30 – 60 minutes to come to room temperature.
- Roast in the preheated oven, allowing 30 minutes per 500 grams for medium, basting with the marinade a couple of times.
- Remove from the oven, cover and rest for 20 minutes before carving and serving with the mint and toasted pine nut pesto (below), roast vegetables or salad.
- Cut the garlic bulb in half horizontally and squeeze out the flesh. Place in a food processor with the pine nuts, mint, parsley and cheese and process to mix well. With the motor running, gradually pour the oil down the feed tube and process to make a smooth paste. Season well with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve the lamb with the pesto in a small jug, on a bed of leafy greens. Alongside the leftover wine!