Spinach and feta pie
Feta cheese and spinach perfectly compliment each other. Combined, the taste is absolutely delicious.
The great thing about this recipe is that making it, is much easier than it looks and requires very little prep.
So give it a go, you won’t be disappointed!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 bag of Leaderbrand Baby Spinach
- 250g cottage cheese with chives
- 200g feta cheese (we love Food Snob)
- 2 Tbsps pesto (we love Pukara Estate)
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 eggs
- 8 sheets filo pastry (we used Edmonds)
- Extra virgin oil to brush pastry sheets (we love Olivado Avocado oil)
- In a food processor, combine the spinach, cottage cheese, feta, pesto, mustard and eggs and process until very smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray or brush one sheet of filo pastry with a little oil and top with a second sheet. Repeat with a further two sheets and use to line a 20cm square cake tin.
- Pour the filling in and smooth out evenly. Flip over the edges of the filo to cover the filling.
- Spray or brush 4 sheets of filo with a little oil and scrunch up and place on top.
- Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Serve in squares.