One of my favourite ingredients is Quinoa. I use it regularly as it’s a fantastic substitute for meat or to replace ingredients that contain gluten.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 cups Ceres organic white quinoa
- 2 cups dry white wine (serve the rest with the meal)
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms (we love Meadows Mushrooms)
- 1 cup avocado oil (we love Olivado)
- ½ cup cream
- 3 leaves silverbeet, sliced thinly
- Oregano for garnishing (or your choice of herbs)
- Parmesan cheese shavings
- Salt to taste
- Lemon to garnish
- Fry the mushrooms. Set aside.
- Put onions and quinoa in the pan and sauté in the oil. Add a cup of stock and cook until the liquid is absorbed. Add one cup of wine and continue cooking until the liquid has evaporated. Repeat with the final cup of stock and wine.
- Add the silverbeet, then the mushrooms, cream and salt to taste. Mix in oregano leaves and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese shavings.
- Serve immediately with a fresh squeeze of lemon.