Everyone loves a great stir fry, and this one packs a punch. Deliciously tender strip steak with fragrant Asian flavours, this is quick, easy and full of flavour.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (we love Olivado extra virgin sesame oil)
- 350g pack Silver Fern Farms Strip Steaks, cut into thin slices
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red and 1 green capsicum, deseeded, cut into slices
- 1 cup fresh broccoli stems (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and chopped into thin slices
- 1/4 cup (60ml) hoisin sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Toasted cashew nuts, to serve (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- Steamed rice, to serve ( we love Sunrice Jasmine Rice )
Heat half the sesame oil in a large wok over a high heat, gently tilting the wok to allow the oil to completely coat the side of the wok. Cook the beef pieces in batches, for 1-2 minutes, until well browned. Remove from the wok and set aside.
Heat the remaining sesame oil in the wok over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, capsicum, broccoli, ginger, garlic and chilli. Cook, tossing, for 3-4 minutes or until just tender.
Return the beef to the wok with the combined sauces. Toss until well combined and heated through.
Scatter over the cashews and serve with steamed rice.
Trudi’s tip: change the beef to lamb pieces, chicken or prawns. Using only veges works too for the vegetarian in your life. Any coloured capsicum is fine. Yellow works too and adds more colour.