Barbecued haloumi and beetroot combine to make this gorgeous summer salad with a twist.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons Olivado avocado oil with lemon zest
- 1 block haloumi cheese (we love Food Snob)
- 1 bag Leaderbrand beetroot
- 150g Heirloom tomatoes, halved (this is about 4 medium sized)
- 1/4 cup vinaigrette (we love Barker’s Mandarin and Ginger)
- Microgreens, edible flowers and/or herbs to garnish (we used cress and nasturtiums from the garden)
- Heat your BBQ hotplate to a medium-high heat.
- Drizzle avocado oil when ready to cook.
- Sizzle whole baby beetroot until warm and coloured then set aside.
- Cook the block of Haloumi whole on the hot plate in the beet juices.
- Grab your serving plate and place the cheese in the middle. Then slice it into 4 pieces across the block of haloumi.
- Top with the halved beetroot and tomatoes and drizzle a little more lemon avocado oil then the vinaigrette.
- Top with microgreens, herbs and edible flowers as desired.