Clafouti is a baked French dessert of cherries arranged in a dish and covered with a thick flan-like batter. Feel free to substitute any number of fruits. A lovely summer dessert.
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk (we love Lewis Road Creamery)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (we use Ceres Organic)
- 2 cups pitted cherries
- Icing sugar
- Ice cream to serve (we love Kapiti vanilla bean)
- Heat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Beat eggs, milk, flour, sugar and the vanilla extract with hand beater until smooth.
- Spread cherries in greased 25 x 15 cm baking dish. Pour batter over cherries.
- Bake uncovered until puffed and golden brown 45 to 60 minutes.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve warm with ice cream or cold with cream.