With berry season nearly in full force, this lovely lemon tart pairs delicious strawberries and raspberries with the tang of lemon in an absolutely moreish dessert.
Serves: 6-8 Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- 1 roll store bought sweet shortcrust pastry (we love Paneton)
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 150ml cream (We love Kapiti)
- Juice and zest of 3 lemons
- 1/2 cup each raspberries and strawberries to serve
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Fresh mint leaves, to garnish
- Whipped cream to serve
- Line a removable based tart tin with the pastry, pushing down into the corner and trimming the excess. Place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius fan bake.
- Once chilled, blind bake for 10 minutes then remove the paper/baking beans and bake for a further 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden.
- To make the filling, whisk together the eggs, sugar, cream, lemon juice and zest. Pour into the tart shell then bake for a further 30 minutes or until the tart filling has just set in the centre.
- Place in the fridge to set for 1 hour (or serve room temperature) then top with the fresh berries and a dusting of icing sugar.