There is nothing like a delicious Caesar salad, especially when dotted with crispy bacon pieces and smothered in a luscious creamy dressing. A crowd pleaser for many more years to come!
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes
1 bag Leaderbrand Caesar Salad mix
3 soft boiled eggs
4 rashers streaky bacon (we love Hellers)
1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
2 tbsp olive oil (we love Olivado)
5 anchovy fillets or sub for 1tsp worchester sauce + 1tbsp capers
2 garlic cloves, peeled
120ml cream (we love Meadowfresh)
Juice of half a lemon
- Lay the bacon rashers on a lined tray and bake at 190 degrees celcius until crispy.
- Cut the cos into wedges, then lay onto a serving plate. Next, halve the boiled eggs and nestle amongst the lettuce.
- Sprinkle over the crostini, followed by the bacon pieces.
- To make the dressing, place the olive oil, anchovy/worchester, garlic, cream and lemon juice in a blender and process until smooth and creamy but ensuring not to overblend*. Season to taste.
- Dollop the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
* If your dressing becomes too thick, use a spoon and stir in boiling water until you reach a thinner consistency.
** If you decide not to make your own dressing, use the Caesar dressing and Parmesan which comes with the salad. Easy!