The Ultimate One-Pan Cookie by Luke Hines
Hold onto your socks boys and girls - things are about to get real. Introducing the ultimate one-pan cookie.
- 200 g butter, chopped
- 125 ml (1⁄2 cup) honey or pure maple syrup
- 200 g (2 cups) almond meal
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 100 g 90% Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
- Coconut Cream or Coconut Yogurt, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the butter and honey or maple syrup in an ovenproof frying pan. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly, then stir in the almond meal, baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Whisk in the egg to form a batter.
- Dollop the peanut butter over the batter and scatter over the chocolate pieces, then transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve warm in the middle of the table for everyone to share, topped with a generous dollop of coconut cream or coconut yoghurt.
The Long Lunch with Wendyl Nissen, 12pm - 3pm on RadioLIVE and streaming live to the rova app on Android and iPhone.