Our Mate With a Plate this week on The Long Lunch is Darren Lovell from Fishbone Queenstown Bar & Grill.
Here is his recipe for sauce vierge to go with lemon sole, new season asparagus and Jersey Benne potatoes.
- 3 large, ripe tomatoes
- 2 whole, peeled garlic cloves, lightly smashed
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh herbs (any combination of chives, tarragon, parsley, basil, chervil, basil, cilantro)
- 1/4 cup finely minced white bread, fried till crispy then, drained on paper towel
- 2 tbsp chopped capers
- 1cup extra-virgin olive oil (or to taste)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Combine - best to let sit, at room temperature for a few hours.
The Long Lunch with Wendyl Nissen, 12pm - 3pm on RadioLIVE and streaming live to the rova app on Android and iPhone.