The pastry chef at the helm of The Tart Tin, Mark Cross, joins us to share his culinary story and share a mouth-watering recipe for biscotti with The Long Lunch listeners.
- 500g flour
- 350g sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2tsp baking power
- 6 large eggs
- 50g natural almonds
- 50g natural hazelnuts
- 50g pistachios
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Line a high-sided baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift flour, sugar, salt and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Slowly mix in the eggs , one at a time, then fold in the nuts and vanilla.
- Tip mixture into prepared baking tray and smooth top out evenly, using a spatula or clean, wet hands.
- Bake until firm in the middle, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Decrease oven temperature to 60 degrees Celsius.
- Allow biscotti to cool slightly before slicing with a serrated knife into desired size and thickness.
- Line the baking tray with fresh baking paper.
- Spread out biscotti on baking tray and bake for at least 2 hours – this will dry them out and make them very crunchy.
- These will keep in an airtight container for a month
Listen to the full interview with Mark Cross above.
The Long Lunch with Carly Flynn in for Wendyl Nissen, 12pm - 3pm on RadioLIVE and streaming live to the rova app on Android and iPhone.