These fish cakes are so super easy to make and taste amazing. Perfect as a starter to a meal or as finger food.
- 300g white fish fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Valcom Red Curry Paste 4-5 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot/tapioca flour
- ground white pepper
- 1 Henergy Cage Free egg white
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 5 round green beans, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons Valcom kaffir lime leaves (or use 2 finely sliced fresh kaffir lime limes)
- 3-4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
Place the fish in the food processor with the salt and 1 tablespoon cold water.
Process until smooth.
Add the curry paste, flours, white pepper, egg white, sugar and fish sauce and continue to mix until well blended.
Remove from the food processor into a bowl and then mix in the beans and kaffir lime leaves.
With wet hands form the mixture into walnut sized balls and then flatten slightly. The mixture will be sticky.
Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium – high heat. Once hot then cook the fish cakes in batches until well coloured on both sides.
Drain on paper towels and then serve garnished with the spring onion and accompanied with your favourite dipping sauce. We use sweet chilli sauce with lime juice.
Home and Garden with Tony Murrell, 7am - 10am Saturday and Sunday mornings on RadioLIVE and streaming live to the rova app on Android and iPhone.