These little crunchy golden pillows are the perfect appetiser or party snack.
Serves 4 Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
- 1 packet Falafel Mix (We Love Lisa’s)
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying
- 300g Raw Beetroot, peeled, grated
- 1 can Chickpeas – drained
- 3 tbsp Coconut Yoghurt (we love The Coconut Collaborative)
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin
- A handful Coriander
- A handful Mint
- ½ tsp Chilli flakes
- 4 Tbsp Olive oil (we love Olivado)
- 1 Lemon – zest and juice
- 3 Medjool Dates
- 50g Walnuts (we love Alisons Pantry)
- Salt & pepper
- Place the raw grated beetroot, chickpeas, coconut yoghurt, tahini, garlic, cumin, coriander, mint, chilli flakes, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, dates, walnuts and salt and pepper into a food processor or strong blender, and process until smooth. Taste test and adjust seasonings as desired with more salt or chilli – set aside.
If the hummus is too thick, add a little water to make it desired consistency.
- Make the falafel according to packet instructions. Serve hot with dip and devour!