Baked apple and pineapple stacks filled with crunchy caramelised oats, nuts and seeds served hot and finished off with a dollop of lemony coconut yoghurt.
Serves 4 Prep time 30 minutes Cook time 30 minutes
- 4 Apples -sliced into 3 horizontally through the centre (we love Jazz)
- 2x 234g tins Pineapple slices in syrup (we love Dole)
- 50g Ground almonds (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 50g Coconut shavings (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 50g Oats (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 50g pumpkin seeds (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 3 tbsp Coconut sugar (we love Avalanche)
- A drizzle Honey (we love Mother Earth)
- 1 tub natural Coconut yoghurt (we love Coconut Collaborative)
- 1 Lemon zest and juice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (we love Greggs)
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil – melted (we love Olivado)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Mix the almonds, coconut shavings, oats, seeds, sugar, cinnamon and coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Line a baking tray with nonstick baking paper. Trim the bottom slice of each apple so it stands upright. Put both on the tray and top each slice with a spoonful of the crumble mixture. Repeat the layers with remaining mixture alternating apple slices with pineapple slices, finishing with the apple tops. Press down gently, then bake stacks for 25 minutes or until apple is just soft.
- Mix the coconut yoghurt with lemon juice and zest and serve along side the hot apple pineapple crumble masterpieces.