Walking through the streets of Northern Thailand you will come across multiple street stalls selling this traditional, unbelievably delicious noodle soup.
Serves 4 Prep Time 30 minutes Cook Time 30 minutes
- 3 tbsp Yellow Curry Paste
- 2 tbsp Peanut Oil (we love Olivado)
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 500ml Chicken stock
- 4 Chicken Legs (we love Waitoa)
- 4 packs Egg Noodles (we love Indomie)
- 3 tsp Fish Sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Sugar (we love Avalanche)
- 3 tbsp Gluten Free Soy Sauce (we love Kikkoman)
- 1L Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- 1 Red Onion – thinly sliced
- 2 Limes – in wedges
- A handful of Coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 Red Chilli – sliced
- A few gherkins or Pickled Mustard Greens
- Heat the peanut oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add the yellow curry paste and cook out for roughly 5 minutes, constantly stirring.
- Add the coconut milk and stock. Bring to a boil and add the chicken. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes. Finally add fish sauce, soy sauce and coconut sugar. Season with more soy, coconut sugar or fish sauce if needed to taste.
- Meanwhile, boil/cook noodles according to package directions without the flavour sachet. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate large heavy pot, heat the deep frying vegetable oil over a medium/hot heat. Being very careful not burn yourself, deep fry ? of the noodles until golden and crispy. Drain excess oil with kitchen towel.
- Divide soup and boiled noodles among bowls and serve with toppings and garnish with crispy fried noodles. Devour.