This meal has the best of everything; meaty pork chops, a rich & creamy mustard sauce and a tangy braised cabbage dotted with apple.
Serves 4 Prep Time 15 Minutes Cook Time 40 Minutes
- Hansells Chef’s Kitchen Beef Marrow Cooking Blend
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 apples, cored and cut into thin slices (we love Jazz Apples)
- 1 small or ½ large red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp + 1 tsp red wine vinegar (we love Delmaine)
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp soy sauce (we love Kikkoman Gluten-Free)
- 1 heaped Tbsp coconut sugar (we love Avalanche Coconut Sugar)
- 4 bone-in pork chops (we love NZ Pork)
- ½ brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ cup white wine (we love Ara Chardonnay)
- 300ml single cream
- In a large, heavy based saucepan, melt 1 Tbsp of the Beef Marrow Cooking Blend over a medium heat. Add the onion and apple, and soften for a few minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the cabbage and stir through the onion mixture, then stir in the vinegar, 1 Tbsp soy, sugar. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes or until the cabbage has cooked down.
- To cook the pork chops, bring a frying pan to a medium high heat and melt 1 Tbsp of beef marrow blend. Season the pork, then pan fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, then place on a tray to cook through in a 180 degree oven until just cooked through. Set aside and cover with foil to keep warm.
- To the same pan, add the white onion and soften. Stir through the mustard, then pour in the white wine and cook until reduced by half. Add the cream, and cook down for 5-6 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened. Season with 1 tsp soy sauce and 1 tsp red wine vinegar, adding black pepper if desired.
- Serve the pork chops alongside the braised cabbage, with the mustard sauce poured over the chops.