This fresh quinoa salad brings a new excitement to the dinner table, with rich honey soy salmon that pairs so well with creamy avocado and pops of mandarin.
Serves: 3-4 Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 x 250g salmon fillets, boned and skinned
- ½ cup + ¼ cup Kikkoman Honey Soy Marinade
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup torn baby spinach
- ½ avocado, peeled and spiralled* (we love New Zealand Avocado)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved (we love Ruby’s)
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 mandarin, peeled and cut into half segments
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- In a bowl, dress the salmon with ½ cup honey soy marinade and cover. Leave to marinade for 1-2 hours.
- In a non-stick pan, pan fry the salmon fillets for 2-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your preference. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the quinoa, spinach, tomatoes, spring onion and mandarin segments. Season to taste.
- Flake in the salmon in chunks, the dress with then remaining sauce.
- Serve warm or cold alongside the spiralled avocado garnished with sesame seeds.