Tender chicken breast, crunchy noodles, creamy avocado, loads of fresh herbs and a delicious sticky honey lemon and mustard dressing. This salad is a textural experience not to be missed. Perfect for the whole family.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Waitoa Chicken Breasts – butterflied
- A knob Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 packs Egg Noodles (we love Indomie)
- 1L Vegetable Oil for deep frying
- 2 Avocados, sliced (we love New Zealand Avocado)
- 250g 1 Punnet Cherry Tomatoes, halved (we love Beekist)
- Handful Coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- Handful Mint (we love Superb Herb)
- Handful Parsley (we love Superb Herb)
- ¼ Red Cabbage – shredded
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp Honey (we love Mother Earth)
- 1 Lemon – zest & Juice
- ½ cup Olive Oil (we love Olivado)
- 1 tsp Whole Grain mustard (we love Delmaine)
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes (We love Greggs)
- Rub the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Heat the butter in a frypan over a medium-high heat. Fry off the butterflied chicken breast until perfectly cooked. Set aside covered to rest.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate large heavy pot, heat the vegetable oil over a medium/hot heat. Being very careful not burn yourself, deep fry ? of the noodles until golden and crispy. Drain excess oil with kitchen towel.
- To make the dressing, place the honey, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, whole grain mustard and chilli flakes in a bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Shred the chicken and in a beautiful serving dish combine with the avocado, coriander, mint, parsley, cabbage and tomatoes.. Break up noodles into clusters and add to the salad. Drizzle over dressing and serve immediately.