This raw slice puts a healthy twist on classic ginger crunch, with no refined sugar and lots of texture.
Serves 8-10 Prep Time 60 Minutes Cook Time 0 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cup rolled oats (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 2 cups + 3 cups desiccated coconut (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 2 1/2 cups dates, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 1/2 cup + 3Tbsp melted Extra Virgin coconut oil (we love Olivado)
- 1 Tbsp + 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (we love Avalanche)
- ¼ cup pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- In a food processor, blitz the oats and coconut until they reach a fine texture. Add in the soaked dates, ½ cup melted coconut oil, 1 tsp ground ginger and a pinch of sea salt. Process until well combined, and the mixture comes together.
- Press into a lined baking tin, and place in the freezer to set for 1 hour.
- To make the topping, add the remaining coconut and coconut oil to a food processor. Blend until it reaches a liquid consistency. Add the remaining ground ginger, fresh ginger, coconut sugar and a pinch of sea salt, and blend until just combined.
- Spread over the base, sprinkle with pistachios and place in the freezer to set.
- Cut into bars and serve.
TIP: If you’re icing doesn’t come together, stream in coconut milk until the icing reaches a creamy but thick consistency.