This rich and hearty pasta dish is a simple showstopper for any dinner party or weeknight meal.
Serves 4 Prep Time 10 Minutes Cook Time 60 minutes
- 1x 6 pack pork sausages (we love Hellers Country Pork)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (we love Olivado)
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely diced (seeds removed if desired)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- Red wine to deglaze – optional (we love Ara Pinot Noir)
- 1x 400g can whole tomatoes (we love Delmaine)
- ½ cup cream (we love Meadow Fresh)
- 250g dried fettuccine (we love Diamond pasta)
- 100g grated parmesan (we love Dairy Works)
- 1 handful parsley, roughly chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- Remove the skins from the sausages and place the meat mixture in a bowl.
- In a large, heavy based saucepan over a medium heat, fry off the sausage meat and diced onion in a drizzle of olive oil until golden brown.
- Add the garlic, chilli, rosemary and red wine and fry off for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the can of tomatoes and crush these into the sauce with a wooden spoon. Once the sauce reaches boiling point, turn down to a low heat, place a lid on top and simmer for 30 minutes checking occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Your pasta water should be as salty as the Mediterranean sea. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Stir the cream through the sausage mixture, then season to taste. Add the pasta to the sauce, along with the parsley and parmesan. Stir well to incorporate. If you want your pasta to be a little more saucey, add the reserved pasta water.
- Serve into 4 bowls and garnish with a little extra parsley, parmesan and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.