Minchee is a sweet and salty Macanese dish using minced beef or pork and potato. It is the ultimate comfort food and a budget friendly everyday family favourite. Serve it with stir fried garlicky green beans and a fried egg for a balanced weeknight dinner.
Serves 4 Prep Time 15 Minutes Cook Time 20 Minutes
- 400g lean beef mince
- 2 tablespoon Sake
- 2 tsp liquid honey (we love Mother Earth)
- 1 tsp + 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4-5 Tbsp Hansells Chef’s Kitchen Beef Marrow Cooking Blend
- 6 medium potatoes cut into 1.5cm cubes (we love Wilcox)
- 1 tsp + 1 Tbsp sesame oil (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (we love Kikkoman)
- Black pepper
- 4 eggs
- Handful of green beans, top & tailed and halved
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- In a bowl combine the beef mince, salt, sake, honey and garlic. Mix well and set aside.
- Melt the beef roasting blend in a non stick frying pan or wok over medium high heat. Add potato cubes. Fry stirring occasionally until the potatoes are done – crispy outside and golden.
- Drain the potatoes and discard excess fat (do not wash the frying pan/wok). Add 1 Tbsp of the sesame oil. Fry the beef mince. When the colour changes, add onion and continue to cook until the onion becomes transparent.
- Add cooked potatoes, then season with soy sauce and pepper. Divide the minchee into four serving bowls. Keep warm.
- In the same frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and add the remaining garlic. When fragrant, add the beans and stir fry until just cooked. Pour over the oyster sauce and mix through.
- To serve, fry 4 eggs and serve on top of the Minchee and top with the green beans.