This pasta dish is filled with juicy scallops and fragrant with lemon, simplicity at its most delicious.
Serves 3-4 Prep Time 10 Minutes Cook Time 15 Minutes
- 250g Fettuccine (we love Diamond)
- 1 Tbsp butter (we love Rolling Meadow)
- Olivado Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 dozen fresh or frozen scallops (we love Sea Cuisine)
- 1/3 cup fish stock (we love Campbell’s Real Stock)
- ¼ cup white wine (we love Ara Sauvignon Blanc)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 80ml cream (we love Meadow Fresh)
To serve: Parmesan (we love Dairyworks) and fresh herbs (we love Superb Herb)
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, and cook the pasta following packet instructions. In a good quality frying pan, melt the butter and a drizzle of olive oil over a medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then pan fry the scallops for 1-2 minutes on each side and set aside.
- Add the wine and lemon juice/zest to the pan and evaporate to half the original quantity. Add the stock, and simmer until reduced by half. Add the cream to the stock pan and stir well, then add the scallops to warm through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta to the pan to mix thoroughly. Serve immediately garnished with fresh herbs and freshly grated parmesan.