There is no soup better to cure those Winter chills, with plenty of garlic, ginger and fresh herbs to warm the soul.
Serves 4-6 Prep Time 15 Minutes Cook Time 25 Minutes
- 250g (1 packet) Vermicelli or rice noodles
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp sesame oil (we love Olivado)
- Natural avocado cooking oil (we love Olivado)
- 2 tsp minced garlic (we love Gregg’s)
- 1 Tbsp fresh sliced chilli
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp minced ginger (we love Gregg’s)
- 2 litres chicken stock (we love Continental Stock Pots)
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce (we love Golden Sun)
- Fresh coriander, sprouts and chilli to garnish
- A handful of sprouts
- 1 Chilli
- Put the vermicelli into a bowl and pour boiling water over them to cover and “cook” for 15 minutes.
- To make the broth, heat the oils in a large pot and fry off the garlic, chilli, ginger and spring onions on a slow-medium heat or until the spring onions soften. Add the stock and fish sauce. Once the stock is gently simmering add the chicken to essentially poach in the stock for around 6-8 minutes. Skim off any fat or other “scum” that rises to the surface of your broth to ensure that you have a nice clear broth.
- Drain the rice noodles and add these to 4 deep bowls. Add chicken to each bowl and then pour in the chicken broth. Garnish with coriander, extra chilli, bean sprouts to taste and serve.