Enchiladas are a quick and easy family meal option, and everyone will love getting tucked in to this recipe.
Serves 4 Prep Time 10 Minutes Cook Time 25 Minutes
- Olivado Avocado cooking oil
- 500g skinless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 400g can Mexican tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato puree (we love Delmaine)
- 12 tortillas (we love Giannis)
- 1 cup grated cheese (we love Dairyworks Jalapeno Mix)
To serve: sour cream and fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan. Add the chicken and brown over medium heat. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic and capsicum to the pan and cook over medium heat until the onion has softened. Add the ground cumin and cook for a further minute. Add the Mexican tomatoes, water and tomato puree and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Place half of the tomato mixture into a bowl and set aside. Add the chicken to the pan and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked.
- Spread some of the reserved sauce onto each tortilla then place 2 to 3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture on one end. Roll up and place in a lightly greased ovenproof dish. Pour the remaining sauce on the top of the enchiladas then sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the top is golden and the enchiladas are heated through. Serve immediately with sour cream and coriander.