These soft and moreish muffins are the perfect lunchbox filler or served alongside a hot cup of tea, and even better, they are dairy free.
Serves 12 Prep Time 15 Minutes Cook Time 25 Minutes
- 3 red or green apples (we love Jazz Apples)
- 2 cups self raising flour (we love Edmonds)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (we love Gregg’s)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup + 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup Coconut Collaborative Coconut Yogurt
- 100ml Olivado extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- Coarsely grate 2 of the apples; reserve. Chop remaining apple into small chunks; reserve for topping.
- Sift flour and baking powder into large bowl and stir in the cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. In a separate jug, combine eggs, sugar, yogurt, grated apple and coconut oil. Stir into flour mixture until just combined; do not over mix.
- Spoon mixture into 12 x 2/3 cup capacity lined or greased muffin pans. Combine extra brown sugar and reserved chopped apples and spoon topping evenly over muffin mixture. Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 20-25 minutes or until golden on top and cooked through when tested with a skewer. Stand for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to cooling racks. Serve warm or cool.
Tip: Serve these muffins with an extra dollop of yoghurt!