This pork stir-fry has a sweet and sour edge with a BBQ flavour, served alongside some sesame charred broccoli!
Serves 3-4 Prep Time 10 Minutes Cook Time 15 Minutes
- 500g pork belly slices, chops or steaks
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce (we love Lee Kum Kee)
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (we love Kikkoman)
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- Sesame oil (we love Olivado)
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five spice (we love Mrs Rogers)
- 2 star anise
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp sriracha sauce (or hot sauce)
- Avocado cooking oil (we love Olivado)
- ½ head fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
To serve: cooked rice
- Combine hoisin sauce, apple juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, Chinese five-spice, star anise, tomato sauce and chilli sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat drizzle of oil in a large pan over high heat. Pan fry the pork slices for 4-5 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Set aside, and reduce the pan heat to medium.
- Add sauce mixture to the pan, and simmer until the consistency becomes sticky and thick. Slice the pork and quickly stir through the sauce.
- To cook the broccoli, bring another pan to a high heat. Drizzle with avocado or sesame oil, then add the broccoli to the pan. Cook for a few minutes, then add the garlic. Continue to stir fry until golden and tender.
- To serve, add spoonfuls of white rice to a bowl. Top with the broccoli and pork, then eat immediately.