Fondue is a vintage classic, and the perfect party dish. Rich with flavour and lots of fun.
Serves 4-6 Prep Time 20 Minutes Cook Time 20 Minutes
- 400g gouda cheese, grated (we love Food Snob)
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- 200ml dry white wine (we love Ara Wines Chardonnay)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- In a bowl, toss together the cheese and cornflour, making sure that the cornflour has coated the cheese.
- In a pot, combine the wine, garlic and lemon juice. Set on a medium heat and bring to a simmer. While stirring, add the cheese into the wine mixture, and mix until completely melted and smooth.
- Once smooth, stir in the mustard and season to taste. Pour into a fondue pot if you have, otherwise you may need to bring the fondue back to temperature occasionally.
- To serve, cut the biersticks into pieces, then dip into the fondue along with the crostini, carrots and broccoli.