This Spanish inspired recipe is the perfect Winter warmer; hearty, comforting and packed with flavour.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 50 Minutes
4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil (we love Olivado)
8 chicken drumsticks (we love Waitoa Free Range)
1 large onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
300g spicy chorizo, sliced (we love Hellers)
400g can butter beans, drained
400g can chopped tomatoes (we love Delmaine)
200ml chicken stock
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 tsp smoked paprika (we love Mrs Rogers)
2 Tbsp oregano, chopped
¼ cup parsley, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan. Season the chicken drumsticks with salt and freshly ground black pepper and brown them in the frying pan, then remove to an ovenproof casserole dish.
- In the same pan, fry the onion, chorizo and garlic for 5 minutes to brown lightly then add to the casserole along with the butter beans. Add the tomatoes and stock and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover with a lid and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same frying pan and add the breadcrumbs, paprika, oregano and parsley and fry until it is well mixed and going a little crisp.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and spread this breadcrumb mixture over the casserole, then bake for a further 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.
We love cooking this casserole in our Le Creuset Cast Iron Casserole.