Every Tuesday night after the 10pm news, Mitch Harris is joined by Elevation Capital CEO and founder Chris Swasbrook to talk on the latest in business, both in New Zealand and internationally.
On the table tonight:
- Who stands to gain the most from a trade war: China or the United States?
- Has China made a big mistake by not taking US President Donald Trump seriously?
- What could the implications be for New Zealand if China or the United States gain the upper hand over the other?
- Countries in the United Kingdom are looking at instituting a new online levy to be paid by massive corporations like Apple and Amazon. It would be an extra 2% of the purchase price. This is to be fair to retail stores and keep them in business, not to target or punish big online retailers.
- Advertising revenue from radio continues to make much more money than TV advertising revenue since the NZ radio industry was deregulated in the 1980's. Why is this, and will it ever change?
Night Talk with Mitch Harris, 8pm - 12am Monday to Thursday nights on RadioLIVE, and streaming live to the rova app on Android and iPhone.