Every Monday night after the 10pm news, Mitch Harris is joined in studio by Marty Duda of online radio station Radio13 to look back at a classic album.
Tonight: It's the very first compilation album that Mitch and Marty have looked at on the classic album review, which is now over a year old. The Easy Rider soundtrack was released in August 1969 and features songs hand-picked by Peter Fonda, the star of the film.
The film cost US $250,000 to make, but the rights for use of the songs on the soundtrack cost $1million. The album is well-known for a cover of The Band's iconic song The Weight - The Band asked for too much money for use of their song, so it was covered by the band Smith.
1) The Byrds - Wasn't Born to Follow
2) Steppenwolf - The Pusher
3) Smith - The Weight
4) Fraternity of Man - Don't Bogart Me
5) The Jimi Hendrix Experience - If 6 Was 9
6) Roger McGuinn - It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
7) Roger McGuinn - The Ballad of Easy Rider
8) Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
Night Talk with Mitch Harris, 8pm - 12am Monday to Thursday nights on RadioLIVE, and streaming live to the rova app on Android and iPhone.