Every Tuesday night after the 10pm news, Mitch Harris is joined by Elevation Capital CEO and founder Christopher Swasbrook to talk on the latest business news, both here in New Zealand and internationally.
On the agenda tonight:
- Chris starts Tuesday night business by commenting on his current issue with the NZX, after he highlighted 11 NZX employees were taken to New York which was paid for by shareholders.
- The new Italian government and officials in Italy's banking sector are at complete odds. How serious is this? Could this situation set off another financial crisis?
- Should other European countries be worried that this situation in Italy could affect their economies?
- The government's announcement of a $5.5 billion surplus today. What should be done with the money? Should tax cuts be on the cards, or should the money be saved for a rainy day?
- The segment finishes with Mitch and Mr Swasbrook talking on Banksy's artwork that self-destructed at Sotheby's in London. The image of a girl reaching for a red balloon had just sold for $1.4 million
- Government flush with tax cash, surplus of $5.5 billion
- 'Shh, bubba': Neve steals the show as Jacinda Ardern addresses Govt surplus in live video
- Simon Bridges says surplus shows 'raid on back pockets', demands Govt lower taxes
Night Talk with Mitch Harris, 8pm - 12am Monday to Thursday nights on RadioLIVE, and streaming live to the rova app on Android and iPhone.