Every Tuesday night after the 10pm news, Mitch Harris is joined by Elevation Capital CEO and founder Christopher Swasbrook to talk on the latest business stories, both here in New Zealand and internationally.
On the agenda tonight:
- Elon Musk says Tesla's electric vehicles are only a couple of years away - but by that time, will other car manufacturers have caught up in the race to deliver EV's?
- The trade war: US President Donald Trump has said he will impose new tariffs on $200billion in Chinese goods, and he's threatened to add hundreds of billions more.
- Have Chinese workers been told not to 'bow down' to Trump?
- BMW have announced they're developing a self-driving motorbike. Why?
- Talk continues to grow about a possible economic downturn in the near future.
- Former Prime Minister Dame Jenny Shipley and other former Mainzeal directors are currently in court following the 2013 collapse of Mainzeal. The liquidators allege the directors breached their director duties and recklessly allowed the company to trade while it was facing serious financial problems.
- Multiple banks have announced they are cracking down on lending for building projects. How will this affect our current housing crisis and the KiwiBuild scheme?
Night Talk with Mitch Harris, 8pm - 12am Monday to Thursday nights on RadioLIVE, and streaming live to the rova app on Android and iPhone.