Every Tuesday night after the 10pm news, Mitch Harris talks with Elevation Capital CEO Chris Swasbrook on the latest business news.
On the table tonight:
- The 'billionaire's bolthole' - if money was made worthless, how would billionaires react? What on Earth would be worth the most as currency? (eg. oil, water, gold, food, tobacco, coffee etc)
- New Zealand's taxes on tobacco and cigarettes - how big is the 'black market' of tobacco in NZ?
- Ikea are finally launching their first store in India after 6 years of trying. Ikea India have already employed 150 people just to assemble furniture. Why don't Indians like to put together their own flat-pack furniture?
- The European Union has fined Google a massive $5billion Euro for abusing it's position in the cellphone market. The EU found Google was denying rivals a chance to innovate and compete on merit. But even with this fine, Google has still posted a massive profit for the last quarter (in which the fine was paid).
- For the final story tonight, Chris tells us of a couple who bought a lock-up in Chelsea, London for $15,000 pounds. A box of over 200 paintings was found hidden in the lock-up, and those paintings are potentially worth tens of millions of dollars!
Night Talk with Mitch Harris, 8pm - 12am Monday-Thursday nights on RadioLIVE, and streaming live to the rova app on Android and iPhone.