MermaidMary's Friday night cocktail this week is the pink gin sour.
Gin is having a huge resurgence in popularity & the newest thing on the block is pink gin!
Gordon’s Pink is crafted to balance the taste of Gordon’s with the natural sweetness of raspberries and strawberries, with the tang of redcurrant served up in a unique blushing tone.
This pink gin is made using natural fruit flavours for a real berry taste without too much sweetness.
- 45ml Gordan’s Pink Gin
- 30ml Fresh Lemon Juice
- 15ml Rich Sugar Syrup (2:1)
- 30ml Egg White
- Fresh As Strawberries & Raspberries for Garnish
- Add all the ingredients into your shaker
- Reverse-Dry Shake – this means shake all ingredients in your shaker first with ice.
- Then strain back into shaker getting rid of the ice and dry shake to emulsify & get a super fluffy top.
- Strain into a chilled short glass
- Garnish with freeze dried berries.
MermaidMary is a wine writer & enthusiast who contributes every Friday on The Long Lunch. Never one to be described as an Oenophile her true passion is to spread the word of great wines, while making wine accessible & never using alienating wine speak that confuses people - like Oenophile!
The Long Lunch with Wendyl Nissen, 12pm - 3pm on RadioLIVE and streaming live to the rova app on Android and iPhone.