Queensland name team for Origin 1 on May 31st
The Queensland Maroons have today named two new caps for the opening match of the 2017 Holden State of Origin series.
Roosters prop Dylan Napa and Broncos five-eighth Anthony Milford have both been selected in the starting 17 for the May 31st match at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane.
With star playmaker Johnathan Thurston highly unlikely to be fit due to a shoulder injury, coach Kevin Walters is backing Anthony Milford to step up at five-eighth.
Thurston, who has made 36 consecutive Origin appearances for the Maroons, will still travel to Brisbane and will be assessed by the Maroons medical team at the start of camp.
The other notable omission from the Maroons is fullback Billy Slater - his Origin future now hangs in the balance after Darius Boyd was named in the number 1 jersey.
1. Darius Boyd - Brisbane Broncos
2. Corey Oates - Brisbane Broncos
3. Will Chambers - Melbourne Storm
4. Justin O'Neill - North Queensland Cowboys
5. Dane Gagai - Newcastle Knights
6. Anthony Milford - Brisbane Broncos
7. Cooper Cronk - Melbourne Storm
8. Dylan Napa - Sydney Roosters
9. Cameron Smith (c) - Melbourne Storm
10. Nate Myles - Manly Sea Eagles
11. Josh Papalii - Canberra Raiders
12. Matt Gillett - Brisbane Broncos
13. Josh McGuire - Brisbane Broncos
14. Michael Morgan - North Queensland Cowboys
15. Sam Thaiday - Brisbane Broncos
16. Aidan Guerra - Sydney Roosters
17. Jacob Lillyman - NZ Warriors
18th Man: Johnathan Thurston - North Queensland Cowboys
And the winner of a trip to see P!NK is...
For the first time in ten years, P!NK will be performing in New Zealand; touring in support of her #1 Platinum hit album, Beautiful Trauma.