John Campbell from the Auckland Seafood School is Wendyl Nissen's Mate With a Plate this week.
Here is the recipe he shared today on The Long Lunch.
Grilled white fish with gremolata and tomato chutney & straw potatoes
- 4/ 150gm fillets skin on (snapper tarakihi)
- 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup parsley
- 40ml olive oil
- 30ml butter
- Chop the parsley garlic and zest the lemon and mix with the olive oil (gremolata).
- Place the fillet and marinate in the mix for about 20 mins.
- Heat a pan and add the fillet skin side down and hold the fish down with a slice to stop the skin curling.
- Turn over after 3min to cook the other side about 1 min more, depends on the fish thickness.
- Add the blob of butter and nappe over the fish as the butter browns.
- Serve on the chutney with the potato on top.
- Using a mandolin grate the potato in very thin strips and deep fry until crisp.
- 300gm fresh ripe tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/4 preserved lemon, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp castor sugar
- 2 tbs cider vinegar
- 50ml Lupi Extra Olive oil, more if needed for consistency
- Salt and black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients in a suitable pan. Heat and cook slowly for 10 min.
Listen to the full interview with John Campbell above.
Afternoon Talk with Wendyl Nissen, 12pm - 3pm on RadioLIVE and streaming live to the rova app on Android and iPhone.