Beef and Pork Skewers
- 550g beef mince
- 250g pork mince
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 5 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon grass
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped palm sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients except coriander leaves in a large bowl, mix really well and then cover and refrigerate for an hour or more to allow the flavours to develop.
Soak 12 bamboo skewers in a glass of water.
- With wet hands divide the mince into 12 portions and roll each into a sausage shape. Slide a skewer into each.
- Heat a griddle, large frying pan or barbecue, spray with a film of oil and cook the skewers until well coloured and cooked through.
Serve with coriander, roti bread, salad and sweet chilli sauce.
Last chance to win tickets to P!NK!
For the first time in ten years, P!NK will be performing in New Zealand; touring in support of her #1 Platinum hit album, Beautiful Trauma.