This fresh Greek inspired dish is a delicious weeknight DIY that the whole family will enjoy!
Serves 4 Prep Time 20 Minutes Cook Time 20 Minutes
- 1 cup greek yoghurt (we love The Collective)
- ½ telegraph cucumber, grated
- ¼ chopped mint
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Olive oil (we love Olivado)
- 4 lamb burger patties (we love Hellers)
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 4 large pita breads
- ½ cup tomato relish (we love Barker’s of Geraldine)
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- In a bowl, mix together the yoghurt, cucumber, mint, lemon juice and seasoning to taste. Set aside.
- Bring a non stick pan to a medium high heat, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Pan fry the lamb patties and golden on each side and cooked through.
- Slice into pieces, set aside and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In the same pan, add another drizzle of olive oil and bring to a high heat.
- Fry the eggplant slices on each side until tender and golden in colour.
- Season on both sides.
- To assemble, lay the pita breads on plates.
- Spread with relish, then lay the eggplant and lamb pieces on top.
- Drizzle with tzatziki, sprinkle with pine nuts and finish with coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately.