This hearty soup is the ultimate comfort food, and the fresh basil pesto twist packs a punch of flavour. We love this wintery soup!
Serves 4-6 Prep Time 10 Minutes Cook Time 40 Minutes
- Olive oil (we love Olivado)
- 3 chorizo sausages, cut into rounds (we love Hellers)
- 210g packet King Soup Mix Hearty Vegetable
- 2L water
- ½ pumpkin, diced
- 425g tin butter beans (We love Delmaine)
- 2 courgettes, diced
- To serve: basil pesto and fresh bread
- In a saucepan, bring a drizzle of oil to a medium heat. Once hot, add the chorizo to the pan and brown for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the contents of the soup mix packet into the saucepan, then add the water.
- Bring to the boil then cover simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and butter beans then simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Add the courgettes and simmer for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with a dollop of pesto and bread.