Fresh, crisp, and colourful. Three words that describe these fish cakes with vibrant herb salad to a tee.
Serves 4 Prep Time 15 Minutes Cook Time 15 Minutes
- 4 Thai fish cakes (we love United Fish Co.)
- 250g pack microwave rice, cooked (we used brown basmati and wild rice)
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly torn (we love Superb Herb)
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 small red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce (we love Kikkoman)
- 1 tsp Olivado extra virgin sesame oil
- Preheat your oven and cook fish cakes as per pack instruction.
- To make the salad, mix together the rice, herbs, capsicum, bean sprouts and chilli in a bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the mirin, sugar, lime juice, soy sauce and sesame oil until well mixed. Pour over the salad, and toss to coat. Serve alongside the cooked fish cakes immediately.