These waffles are a taste of Autumn with gingerbread-esque spices, doused in maple syrup and sprinkled with chopped nuts.
Best of all? These are gluten and dairy free! Suitable for foodies of all requirements.
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 5 eggs (we love Woodland Eggs)
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (roasted or canned)
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (we love Avalanche)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice + 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut Oil (we love Olivado)
- 2 tbsp pecans or almonds, roasted and chopped (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- To serve: maple syrup or honey
- Place the eggs, banana, pumpkin puree, sugar, coconut flour, spices and vanilla in a blender and process until smooth.
- Bring a waffle maker to heat, then oil generously with coconut oil. Pour the mixture onto the iron and cook for around 3-5 minutes or until the waffles are golden and cooked through.
- To serve, sprinkle with chopped nuts and drizzle with maple syrup.