This Mediterranean inspired quick and easy meal takes one dish and will be on the dinner table in under an hour. Could it get any better?
Serves 2 Prep Time 10 Minutes Cook Time 35 Minutes
- 5 – 6 potatoes, cut in half (we love Wilcox)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (we love Olivado)
- 2 chicken breasts (we love Waitoa Free Range)
- 1 capsicums, deseeded and cut in pieces
- 1/4 cup green olives (we love Food Snob)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine (we love Ara Wines)
- 1/2 chicken stock pot/cube or 1 Tbsp stock powder
- 1 Tbsp thyme leaves
- Heat the oven to 180oC.
- Put the potato pieces in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes then drain well.
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken in a roasting dish with the potatoes, capsicum and olives.
- In a saucepan heat together the wine or water with the stock pot or cube until dissolved. Pour this over the chicken then scatter over the thyme and season with pepper then drizzle over the remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the chicken and potatoes are cooked through.