This frozen yoghurt terrine is creamy, fruity and presents beautifully; the perfect dessert to celebrate a taste of Summer all year round.
Serves 8 Prep Time 30 Minutes Cook Time 4 hours 30 minutes
- 2 tsp gelatin
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup +½ cup Barker’s Apricot Spreadable Fruit
- 2 cups Greek yoghurt (we love Meadowfresh)
- ¼ cup honey (we love Mother Earth)
- 250ml cream, softly whipped
- ½ cup Barker’s Wildberry Spreadable Fruit
- 2 cups mixed fresh berries to garnish
- Icing sugar to dust (optional)
- Line a 22cm x 8cm terrine tin or similar-sized loaf tin with cling film leaving an overhang on all sides.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the water and set aside to swell for about 5 minutes then gently heat the gelatin mixture either in the microwave on low power or over a double boiler, stirring, until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Stir in ½ cup of Apricot Spreadable Fruit then pour into the base of the lined terrine dish and freeze until set – about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl stir together the yoghurt and honey then gently fold through the soft whipped cream.
- Divide the yoghurt cream mixture in half and add ½ cup of each spreadable fruit flavour to each, stirring until just mixed.
- Pour the apricot-flavoured yoghurt cream mixture into the terrine over the apricot jelly and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Spoon over the berry-flavoured yoghurt cream mixture. Gently fold over the cling film to cover the top and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the terrine from the freezer 10 minutes prior to serving, unwrap the cling film and invert onto a serving platter. Gently prise off the tin and remove the cling film.
- Surround with the mixed berries and dust with icing sugar if desired.