Soups are one of our favourite things – homely, hearty, healthy and hot! The combination of chicken and corn makes this a delightfully delicious experience.
Serves 2 Prep Time 10 Minutes Cook Time 20 Minutes
- 20 g butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 500g diced chicken (we love Waitoa Chicken)
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini, small dice or noodles (optional)
- 1L chicken stock (we love Campbell’s)
- 1 (420g) can creamed corn
- 1/2 cup cream
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Cook onion and garlic, stirring gently until onion softens. Add zucchini if using and cook for one minute stirring constantly.
- Remove the vegetables from the pot, set aside, and add the chicken to the pot. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until nearly cooked through.
- Add stock and vegetables to the chicken, then bring to boil. Stir in corn, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream and season just before serving.