This is the epitome of indulgence, and although this is a dessert recipe, we won’t judge if you make it for breakfast too! It’s absolutely moreish.
Serves: 2 Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2tbsp hot chocolate powder (we love Avalanche)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 4 slices of thick bread (we love brioche or ciabatta)
- 50g butter
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, hot chocolate powder and vanilla. Set aside.
- Spread the slices of bread on one side with the chocolate hazelnut spread. Top with banana slices on two pieces of bread, then top spread side down with the remaining bread.
- Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture until evenly coated. Lift to drain the excess egg, then cook in a frying pan over a medium heat with butter. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy on both sides and cooked through.
- Dust with cocoa powder and serve immediately.