This dish is perfect for those who love a bit of spice! Buffalo chicken and blue cheese are a classic combination, and these simple salad bowls celebrate the delicious pairing.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 25g butter ( we love Lewis Road )
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp hot sauce (we love Culleys Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce)
- 4 chicken thighs (we love Waitoa)
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, shredded ( LeaderBrand )
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- A handful fresh coriander ( we love Superb Herbs )
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 red capsicum, deseeded and diced
- 1 packet(100g) blue cheese, crumbled (we love Food Snob)
- Sour cream to serve
- In a pot, melt the butter over a low to medium heat. Once melted, add the tomato and hot sauce with seasoning and simmer for 5 minutes. Place the chicken thighs on a baking tray, and baste with the buffalo sauce.
- Place in a 190 degree celsius oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, basting every 5 minutes. Turn over halfway through cooking and continue to bake. Remove from the oven, place in a bowl and pour over the remaining sauce. Set aside.
- Assemble the bowls by laying the iceberg lettuce as the base. Divide the remaining salad ingredients amongst the bowls, along with the blue cheese. Slice the chicken and add to the bowls, then add sour cream if desired. Serve immediately.