This pasta dish is rich and moreish, with a hidden shortcut to get delicious meatballs! If you are short on time, this is the dish for you.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Organic olive oil (we love Olivado)
1 pack Waitoa Chicken and Herb Sausages
1/2 leek, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup Ara savignon blanc
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
2 cups cream
1 cup frozen peas
2tsp thyme leaves
2tsp chopped tarragon
400g dried pasta (we love Diamond)
1. Preheat a heavy based pan on a low to medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil.
2. To make the meat balls, cut an end off the sausages and squeeze the sausage meat in increments into the pan to create little meatballs. Cook until browned on all sides then remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add another drizzle of oil to the pan, and add in the leek and garlic. Soften for 5-10 minutes, the deglaze with the white wine until reduced by half. Stir in the stock, followed by the cream, and simmer until thickened.
4. While the sauce is reducing, cook the pasta as per pack instructions.
5. Once the sauce has reduced, add the peas and herbs. Season to taste, then add the sauce and meatballs to the pasta and toss to coat. Serve immediately.